Saturday, May 10, 2008

You know you're a grown-up when...

the foundation repair guy gives you a quote of $5,000 and you breathe a sigh of relief because you can afford that!

It will wipe out most of my savings account, but I can write a check today for $5,000 without going to credit cards or begging to my parents. And without missing a single mortgage payment.

I feel like more of an adult now than I did when I was admitted to the bar, argued before the state supreme court, or bought my house. Because today, I have established that buying a house was not a foolish pipe dream. I was not going beyond my means. I am a responsible home-owner who can afford to do the necessary maintenance on her house. Who would have guessed?

1 comment:

Meryl said...

I would have! ;)

Congratulations!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs