Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm callin' it

The Kansas City Chiefs are officially the worst team in the NFL. I think they'd have a tough time beating a couple of the top college teams, too. They're just bad, bad, bad. In all phases of the game. Our punter is our most consistent player, but he can't win the games all by himself.

But the real problem isn't any of the players at all: it's the management from the general manager on down. Of course we're not going to win games if our best quarterback (who's still not good enough to be an NFL starter, but at least is a career solid back-up) is inexplicably on the bench while some other clown throws 3 picks. And we're definitely not going to win games when Larry Johnson (our highly-paid, premiere running back) is consistently on the bench for 3rd downs! A team that has LJ, future hall-of-famer Tony Gonzalez, and Dwayne Bowe should not be throwing screen passes to Jamal Frickin' Charles on 3rd and 5. That is not our best option! The fact that our coaches and managers think it is tells me it is highly likely this team will go 0-16.

At this point, I think the only way we win a game is if the other team just doesn't show up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But have you watched a Rams game? They are now starting Trent Green at QB.

S said...

I have to say, I would be THRILLED if the Chiefs could start Trent Green at QB this week. We've had Marques Hagans taking snaps this season! If you're asking "Who's Hagans?" you get my point.

I will agree the Rams are horrendous. And the Lions, too. But since it's the Chiefs I have to watch week in and week out, I'm sticking with them as my worst team.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs