Friday, September 5, 2008

Maybe I'm not such a bad lawyer after all

Court this week didn't go as poorly as I had convinced myself it would. It went about as well as I could have hoped. And I had a lovely moment where I got to correct the prosecutor, who claimed that I was misrepresenting the facts a tad to make my position stronger. I was not and I got to prove it. I love those moments.

I think I just needed to get past this case, with which I have lived for 5 years. Now that I have faced it in court, I think I might start to remember that I actually am a good lawyer, that I actually do know what I'm talking about, and that I really do have a pretty darn good record of getting good results for my clients.

And now that I've gotten past returning this case to court, I've started to look at my next cases and I'm starting to feel pretty good about them. I think I might be ready to go on a major streak of kicking butt for justice...

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs