Sunday, November 2, 2008

One Day More

I'm a bit of a musical junkie. I love 'em. The classic ones, like "Oklahoma!", "The Sound of Music", or "The Music Man." I also love the new wave of Broadway musicals. The soundtracks of "Rent", "Miss Saigon", "Evita", and the greatest cold war musical of them all, "Chess" (music by the men of ABBA!) can all be found on my ipod.

My favorite of them all, though, has to be "Les Miserables." What can I say, I'm a sucker for revolutionaries.

The first act sets up all the drama for the upcoming student rebellion. It ends the night before the conflict will begin. The entire cast ponders how their own fates will change as the events of the next day unfold. Jean Valjean will have to face the consequences of his escape from justice, our new young lovers will be separated while sad, lonely Eponine will still be alone, our student leader dreams of revolution, and Javert dreams of the law triumphing. The song is "One Day More."

This song will be in my head all day tomorrow. One more day until this endless presidential campaign is over! One more day until the votes are counted and the winner declared (we all hope)! One more day until we can all put this behind us and move on, I hope just a little more united than we've been these past few years.

One Day More!

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs