Monday, July 20, 2009

Testing

I go back to work today after a 5 day weekend. In that time, I finished 2 books, played lots with my new toy (which still won't connect to my wireless router), did some cleaning (though not nearly enough), and planted perennials in front of my house (to replace the ugly bushes I'd ripped out weeks ago).

Now I have to go back to work and do the kinds of things I did before the soul-crushing workload became so soul-crushing. I should remember how to be just a regular lawyer with normal-sized cases. I did that for years before my recent rough patch. I'm just not really sure where to start.

The good news is that now that the soul-crushing workload has been completed, I can see that my soul is not in fact crushed. Bruised a little, perhaps, but not crushed. And nothing one 5 day weekend of doing only whatever the hell I wanted couldn't fix.

So now, back to work and the next case. I do think I'd prefer to stick with the smaller, more garden-variety murder cases for a while, though. I'd hate to risk permanent crush damage.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs