Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 1

Here is my travel recommendation: when traveling to a city with which you are not familiar, be sure that by pure happenstance, you book the same flight as a friend who is visiting his former home. I am sure I would have figured out how to take the light rail from the airport to downtown Seattle so I could catch my train to Olympia without his help, but it was pretty nice not to have to think about it.

And now I am happily sitting by a lake in Olympia. I am staying at the house of a woman I have not seen in nearly 20 years. Through the wonder of facebook, we reconnected virtually about a year ago. As it happens, we have a ton in common. It has become apparent to me that I made a poor choice years ago when I let myself lose touch with her. It's rather exciting now to find a great new friend in an old, long-lost friend.

And now I'm going to put down my phone, pick up my beer, and gaze at this beautiful lake.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs