Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You can love your dog, just don't LOVE your dog... to death.

Ok, y'all know I'm kind of nuts about my dog.  I buy her too many toys and feed her expensive food.  I definitely talk about her too much.  And I do occasionally worry about what would happen to her if I were in a car accident or something.  I don't spend inordinate amounts of time worrying about this, just the odd thought here and there.  (But my friends probably should know that the best thing they could do for me when they get that phone call about my car accident is track down the person who has the key to my house and get someone on doggy duty.)

But were I to get into that bad car accident and not survive, I would never want anyone to euthanize her so she can be buried with me!  I'm sure she would be a sad doggy and would spend lots of time waiting for me to come home, but that is no reason to cut her healthy life short.  I may be a little too attached to my dog, but at least I know I can't take her with me.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs