Saturday, December 4, 2010

Life is messy

Every once in a while, it occurs to me that a particular item of mine is lost in the black-hole-to-me that is his house.  The football pants that I once bought for a Halloween costume I don't really care about (especially now that I've decided "Hot chick in a slinky black dress" will be my go-to costume).  The cheap bottle of lotion couldn't matter less.

But the dress.  I can't believe I forgot about that dress.  I didn't exactly forget, though.  I knew that there had been 3 dresses at his house at one point.  I remember looking in my closet soon after the break-up and being reassured when I saw that one of the dresses was in my closet.  I thought they had all 3 traveled in a pack.  But they didn't.  And a thorough review of my closet this morning confirmed that the Ann Taylor dress, the sweet little floral sheath that is really only useful for summer weddings since my friends aren't the English garden party types, is not there.  Because it's still at his house from the time I wore it to his cousin's wedding.

It would be really nice if I came home from work someday soon and found that dress in a plastic bag on my carport, but I suspect I will never see it again.  Too bad because I think it would look awesome on my new, svelter frame.

2 comments:

Burt Likko said...

My wife's morale is lifted after a shopping trip. I suspect yours would be too. It's the holidays; treat yourself. What's more, losing weight is hard, so you've earned it.

S said...

Oh, I have been shopping. About 2 weeks ago, I bought the most fabulous dress that I swear looks better on me than in the model in the catalog! And losing this weight (it was only about 15 pounds anyway; I was always in the appropriate weight range for my height/age) wasn't hard at all. It just came off without me even trying.

If I get a little Christmas money, I expect I might go on quite a spree. I'm bringing dresses back, after all, so I've got to keep getting new dresses.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs