Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A mother always knows

Can you see a difference between these 5 balls? Now, you might notice minor variations in color, but really, they're pretty identical, aren't they? And yet, to a silly little red cocker spaniel who shall remain nameless (Maddie), only one is THE ball. You can throw 4 of these 5 balls all day long and she'll just look at you with a look that says, "Come on, Mom. Throw the right one already."

This is how you know I'm a mom, even if it's to a 4-legged furbaby and not a human baby. Because I can tell you, just by looking, which one is the only ball this dog will bring back. I can also tell you which ball USED to be the ball, but has been overthrown. I feel kinda bad for the old ball. It's sort of like the Velveteen Rabbit once some other stuffed animal has come on the scene and become the new favorite.

And wouldn't you know, THE ball is the one with the most annoying squeak? Which I can hear right now. Because someone who shall remain nameless (Maddie) is pushing her silly little red nose into it right now, thereby letting it be known that it's time for me to come throw the ball.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs