Friday, December 30, 2011

How many is too many?

It is entirely possible I have a problem. I am running out of places to keep books in this house. I have an entire room dedicated to books, with two giant bookcases. (There's also a treadmill and a comfy chair in there. It occurs to me that if I got rid of those things, I might have more room for bookshelves. But Maddie really likes the chair. And I really like to run.) I have another bookcase in a hallway. And a small stash in the front room. And a bookcase in my bedroom. Most of these bookcases have shelves that are 2, or even 3, books deep. And there's still not enough room. So there's a bookcase in the guest room. And then the overflow shelf on the entertainment unit in the living room where the newest acquisitions go. Most of these books have been read, but oh so many of them are still waiting their turn. I want so desperately to give them each their turns. They all deserve to be read, appreciated, handled. But I still add more. Just tonight, a nice dinner with friends led to a coffee shop which led to browsing at a bookstore which led to yet another new book...

I'm not an addict. It's cool. I can stop anytime I want. Really. No, really...



While we're on the subject of addictions, we should probably talk about the shoes...

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs