Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'm just a fame whore who hates America

I think my rants about the Boston marathon bombing are going to be numerous. Two things have just happened.

First, I saw a man proclaiming himself to be a defense attorney suggesting that the Boston Federal PD's office wants to get involved in defending the guy because it's a high-profile case. So those schmucky defense attorneys just want to make names for themselves.

For crying out loud! This nonsense was uttered by someone who defends accused criminals in courts and he thinks the federal PDs (who rightly assume they're the likeliest people to be assigned to represent this guy, at least to start, and have therefore indicated their desire to get involved right now) are motivated by publicity to get in on this case. This tv pundit is the kind of "defense attorney" I would kick out of my profession if I could. Just this morning, my fellow Kansas defense attorneys and I were pondering how long it would take us to get barred in Massachusetts so we could go there and offer our services to this guy. Were we motivated by a desire to see ourselves on camera? Of course not! We are deeply offended at the idea that our government is denying this guy his basic Constitutional rights and we want to put a stop to it. Sheesh. We're not attention whores; we're committed defenders of the Constitution.

Then a friend reported someone on her Facebook feed suggested that the Kansas City Royals should just let Boston win today. I'm currently watching the game, wearing my Royals fleece, and rooting for my team. I will be deeply disappointed if my boys don't win today because a) we have a lead in the 8th inning and b) we've finally got a real team, solid in all aspects, starting pitching, bullpen, hitting, and fielding (best dang defense in the AL) so I have hopes of playoff contention and that means we can't give away games. As I was typing, Big Papi hit into a double play and I cheered. Guess I hate America.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs