Thursday, April 11, 2013

Let's go KC!

I don't know if you caught this, but I am a dedicated Kansas/Kansas City gal. Love my Jayhawks. Love my Wildcats. My Royals, my Chiefs, my Sporting. I love all things KC, the only decent thing about the cesspool that is Missouri.

So tonight, I am proud. One of the grandest things about my city is the Negro Leagues Museum. You can't talk about the history of baseball without talking about the Negro Leagues and if you love baseball, as I do, you have to make a pilgrimage to that museum. (But please don't get me started on what a sin and shame it is that Buck O'Neill never made it into the Baseball Hall of Fame, because that is a blight on the game of baseball that all baseball fans should be ashamed of.)

Anyway, tonight, the movie "42" about Jackie Robinson's introduction into the Major Leagues had its premiere. Not in Hollywood or NYC. But right here, in Kansas City, home of the Negro Leagues Museum. What a beautiful, proud moment for my city. And, no, it's not just because Han Solo/Indiana Jones is here. Although that does help.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs