Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Where I've been

Yeah, it's been a while. The last part of 2013 got a little rough. Throughout 2013, there was one on-going struggle. Those of you who know me personally know we never seemed to go very long between episodes. You might have thought it couldn't get much worse than the May incident, but then October hit. I'm being intentionally cryptic because I'm not the central figure in last year's incidents (well, except for the car death thing, that was my car), so I don't really want to say what exactly the struggles were or where we stand now.

Suffice it to say that by mid-November, I was pretty fried. Emotionally exhausted. Drained. I was pretty ready to kick 2013 to the curb. I wasn't reading much, even. Really in the times that I was home, I wasn't doing much beyond sitting on my couch and knitting. Frankly, ranting about things was pretty much the last thing on my mind (never thought I'd say that).

I'm still not really back. The struggles continue. Though it is much better, it's still too early to know what the long-term outcome will be. Which just frustrates the crap out of me. And January is dark and cold and depressing. And the Chiefs...well, I can't even think about that yet.

At this point, I just have to force myself to get back to doing all the things I used to do until I really get the spark back. And it would be very, very helpful if 2014 could just refrain from sending any more crappy incidents my way.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs